PHECC First Aid Response RefresherFirst Aid Courses
This PHECC First Aid Response Refresher Course comprises of 1-day webinar-based training followed by a traditional classroom session on Day 2 to allow for practical exercises and assessments.
This PHECC First Aid Response Refresher Course is comprised of on-demand, self-paced eLearning modules followed by a 1-day traditional classroom session to allow for practical exercises and assessments.
On completion of this course, the First Aid Responder will have refreshed their necessary practical skills and knowledge to give effective life support, diagnose and treat injuries or illness, and maintain the care and comfort of a patient until the arrival of emergency medical services. The candidates will also receive revision training in the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the skills necessary to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
On completion of this course, participants will have refreshed their knowledge and be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury.
- Call for emergency medical services and provide adequate cover until handover.
- React to emergencies and respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner.
- Record and report actions and interventions.
- Retain a caring attitude in your role as a First Aid Responder
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (CFR) Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of an Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injury Care
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information management
- Well-Being of a First Aid Responder
MCQ Exam + Skills Assessment
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PHECC certificate valid for two years from the date of completion of the course.