Mobile Elevated Work Platform Course (MEWP)MEWP & Forklift Courses
The aim of the course is to ensure that operators become competent in the safe use of Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) by gaining the necessary skills and knowledge when operating a MEWP. This course covers both: boom lift and scissor lift machines.
- Daily inspections of machine
- Functions of controls
- Safe use of machine around site
- Certification and testing of machine & attachments
- Terrain and associated hazards
- Loading dumpers/trailers
- Transport of machine to and from site
- Practical Test
- Theory Test.
- Understand the different types of MEWP
- Understand the hazards of MEWP use
- Demonstrate appropriate pre-use checks on an Mobile Elevated Work Platformsand complete a checklist
- Use the correct anchor point on an Mobile Elevated Work Platform and don an appropriate safety harness
- Maneuverer an MEWP safely – raising, lowering, traversing appropriately.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Mobile Elevated Work Platform which covers boom and scissor lift machines and is valid for 3 years.
To be successful delegates must pass:
- Written Assessment
This course is ideal for those that need the knowledge and skills to safely operate Mobile Elevated Work Platforms in the workplace in accordance with legislation.
This course can be delivered at a client company venue if required. Two types of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) can be covered on the course: Boom and Scissors lift (optional).