IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers (SHE) RefresherConstruction Management
IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers Refresher, which is replacing the Managing Safely in Construction Refresher course, is aimed at anyone who oversees or manages Safety, Health and Environmental risks associated with construction activities. The refresher is open to anyone who has previously received an IOSH Managing Safely in Construction, a Managing Safely for Construction Managers or a Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers Certificate and has an IOSH Certificate Number.
The course is designed to provide continued support to managers in dealing with health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to revise key management responsibilities from the original courses and update relevant changes in good practice guidance, legislation and standards.
Our Webinar based learning model allows a classroom-style live interactive experience from the comfort of your own home or your office desk.
- Thinking Back
- Leadership & Worker Engagement
- Preparing for Work
- The Construction Phase
- Monitoring & Checking
- Learning Lessons
Upon completion of the IOSH SHECSM Refresher course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety, health and the environment on construction sites.
- Describe how to recognise, assess, reduce, and control risks on construction sites.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of those on construction sites.
- Describe the importance of ongoing training to build a competent workforce.
- Describe the methods used to engage and communicate with others on construction sites.
- List the safety and health documentation required in the construction site file.
- Describe how to plan, manage, and investigate incidents and emergency situations.
- Describe the benefits and key parts of an effective safety and health management system for construction site safety.
The program is designed for anyone who has completed IOSH Managing Safely in Construction, IOSH Managing Safely for Construction Managers or IOSH Health, Safety & Environment for Construction Site Managers Course and has an IOSH certificate with the certificate number.
The successful delegates must pass a written assessment.
Delegates who successfully complete this course will receive an Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Certificate
- Two days of live virtual classroom sessions
- Please note this programme is fully online