CSCS Slinger/Signaller (Banksman)Construction & CSCS Courses
To give participants the knowledge and skills to enable them to give the correct hand signals to the crane driver, choose the correct lifting equipment and to sling the load properly and safely.
- Safe Slinging and signaller procedures
- Safe Storage and Handling practices
- Control of Lifting Equipment
- Security and Safe Packing of Loads
- Hand signals for Excavator 360
- Marking identification
- Balance & Stability
- Understand the relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Identify workplace hazards regarding Slinger/Signaller
- Understand the principles for the correct selection of Lifting Equipment
- Identify Safe Working Load (S.W.L.) and Safe Sling Angles
- Identify and apply the full range of Slinging and Signaller methods
- Apply and Understand Signaller/Signaller Operations
- Carry out Operational Checks on all Lifting Equipment.
Inexperienced operatives must complete 3 days training.
Any person who uses must perform the role of slinger or banksman during the course of their work.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a SOLAS Certificate and Card in Slinger/Signaller.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment