CSCS Sign Lighting & Guarding at RoadworksConstruction & CSCS Courses
The aim of the course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to be able to evaluate, plan and install a safe system of signing, lighting and guarding at road works.
- Introduction to Traffic Management
- Roadworks Classifications
- Traffic Management Devices
- Traffic Management Layouts
- Semi Static Roadworks
- Multiple Choice Exam
- Traffic Management Applications
- Planned Works
- Traffic Management Checks
- Site Records
- Classroom Practical
- Safe Systems of Installation/ Removal
- Site Practical
- Site Practical Exam
- Classroom Practical Exam
- List the relevant legislation
- Describe signs & devices used on roadworks
- Describe static and semi-static operations
- List the requirements for the installation of traffic management
- Read and describe the traffic layouts set out in “Chapter 8” & “Guidance for the Control and Management of Traffic at Roadworks”
- Install, maintain & remove signs & devices used on roadworks
- Create and maintain site records.
Previous construction sector in relation to road works is beneficial.
Managers, supervisors and operatives who are required to plan, organise, direct and manage signage and road works.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a SOLAS Certificate and Card in Sign, Lighting and Guarding.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment