CSCS Location of Underground ServicesConstruction & CSCS Courses
The aim of the Location of Underground course is to ensure that operators become competent in the safe use of Underground detection cable locator equipment.
- Introduction to legislation
- Hazards of different services
- Safe working procedure
- CAT Modes – Power, Radio, Genny
- Use of CAT – Searching, Pinpointing, Tracing
- Use of Genny – Induction, Direct Connection, Clamping
- Lost signals, Nulling out, Depth finding
- Practical Exercise
- Safe operation of plant Soil Pick
- Safety in excavations
- Safe backfilling
- Requirement for Signing, Lighting & Guarding card
- Requirement for Health & Safety at Roadworks card
- Practical test and trial hole
- Multiple choice assessment
Any person who may need to detect underground services on construction sites.
- State the required legislation applicable to the location of underground services
- Identify the hazards associated with underground services
- Use the relevant information, cable location devices and carry out or supervise the carrying out of safe excavation
- State precautions to be taken for the protection of site personnel and members of the public
- Complete risk assessment prior to the commencement of works.
Construction site experience is beneficial.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a SOLAS Certificate and Card in Location of Underground Services (LUGS).
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment