Coronavirus Planning Update to Customers
In advance of the escalation of the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, we began reviewing and implementing provisions as part of our overall business continuity plan. This plan outlines specific steps that Holland Safety has and continues to take to safeguard employees’ and customers’ health and well-being during the pandemic.
At the same time, we aim to ensure the Company can maintain fundamental operations and continue to provide essential services by remaining open for administration and Online & Webinar Training delivery.
We take the Covid-19 threat seriously and we are implementing extensive measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of Covid-19 to our team members and our customers.
Our plan includes:
- Continued delivery of Online & Webinar Training
- Continued provision of Calibration Services
- Continued delivery of our on-site Safety Advisor Service
- All not essential office staff transitioned to working from home
- Maintaining our Covid-19 Business Continuity Team who will continue to monitor and action Government guidance.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning, disinfecting surfaces and the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers and wipes across our organisation.
- Social distancing, handwashing hygiene with a "no handshake" policy.
Until 20th April 2020:
- All training at our Rathcoole Training Centre has been postponed.
- All training on customer sites has been postponed (Excluding Online & Webinar Delivery), except by agreement with customers and subject to a robust site-specific risk assessment.
If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 401 9600. We are committed to playing our part in ensuring that vital services continue to reach our customers during this crisis.
We value your business and we wish good health to all our team and customers.
Creation Date: March 24th, 2020